Monday, December 6, 2010

Mumbai





This weekend I did a short trip to Mumbai. As fate would have it, Handelsspexet friend Micke K had been temporarily assigned to this Gateway to India, as the British used to call it, which provided ample opportunities to catch up. An odd mixture of Western, Indian and Gotham City-esque architecture provided interesting contrasts with plenty of modern history lessons attached. Though I spent what seemed like most of Saturday in a traffic jam, I did find time to visit the Prince of Wales Museum (which definitely has nothing on British royalties on display), the old synagogue and the Taj Mahal Hotel and its assortment of various high quality teas. I was also given the opportunity to see the first run-through of the one-man commedia dell'arte performance that Micke is currently directing. That, too, a fascinating experience.

After a quick stop in Ahmedabad, I will leave for Bikaner and the desert tonight. Update to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment