Monday, September 6, 2010

First post

This is the first post of what is intended to become my diary during my time at the Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad. The picture of me, heading the part where I introduce myself to any casual observer without previous knowledge of myself, is obviously not from the Indian peninsula, but rather from Shanghai. It was taken last autumn by my friend Denise, who happened to be visiting. It's on display simply as, at the time of writing, I'm yet to arrive in the state of Gujarat, the birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi and where alcohol is banned. I expect it to be replaced fairly soon, as I will depart for my destination tomorrow morning.

My last week in Sweden, though at liberty from work, proved to be exceptionally hectic. Not only did I have more than enough packing to do - I also had to engulf in what seemed as an endless array of social activities more or less connected to my imminent departure. All of them a pleasure indeed, however not one even close to the weekend at my family's country house together with my girlfriend Lovisa, who I will dearly miss. If she were the only reader of this blog, I'd still bother writing it.

This will have to be it for today. Depending on the availability of wireless networks at my two stopovers tomorrow the story will continue from what remains an unknown geographic location. See you then.

1 comment: