Thursday, September 16, 2010



I'm happy to say that I'm by now 100% well again after my disastrous strike of stomach sickness earlier. Many thanks to Lauralynn for the "eat a lot of yoghurt" advice, but as it turns out - yoghurt is one of the things I've been consuming endlessly ever since I came. Funnily enough, the mess yoghurt is one of the things that many exchange students haven't tried out of fear of dairy products, even though it's probably one of the healthier things on the menu. Speaking of food, some of you might be interested to know exactly how I don't succumb to famine on an everyday basis. The answer is that we have a student mess here at campus, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Many exchange students have already decided to opt out of it and eat other stuff, but I kind of like it. It's a little bit of the same stuff everyday, but so far I haven't become bored with it (bar the breakfast, which is a rather bizarre mix of cornflakes, white bread with some kind of jelly-style jam and what I believe is a spicy form of scrambled eggs, though I'm not quite sure, e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y; it's, to put it mildly, extremely monotonous). (Pictures of lunch and breakfast.)

Speaking of eating and drinking, yesterday saw a birthday party for one of the other exchange students. It didn't bear any resemblance to the one described previously in this blog, but it did contain one ingredient somewhat missed. That ingredient was alcohol, as one person had been able to get his hands on an alcohol permit. All my friends know I'm not a heavy drinker, but a little sip of it, even if it was Indian whisky and Pepsi (guäh...) provided a reminder of home. Comforting, in an odd way.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm ... Stomach sickness? Sounds like a great way to loose some weight. Maybe I should go to India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, it is. I believe I'm <60 kg now...

    ReplyDelete